hulse

hulse

Sunday, March 1, 2009

oooh, i get by with a little help from my friends...

today i was thinking about how i have been so blessed to have such amazing friends. i have friends from almost every place i've lived. i have friends from new york to alaska. really!

i have friends that are so wonderful and stay in touch with me, which is great because i am really and truly the worst when it comes to making phone calls and making an effort to keep in contact. thank you friends!
i have friends who teach me yoga. i have friends that share their yummy food. i have friends that are so funny it hurts. i have friends that encourage me. i have friends that push me and challenge me to do better and be better.
i have friends that know just when i need extra care. i have friends who give and give. i have friends who are amazing examples. i have friends who think nothing of keeping my girls for hours at a time.

a friend from jr high and high school days recently passed away. i had not seen her for years and years. i found out that she had been struggling with depression and other sad things. i wish so badly that i had taken the time to search her out and tell her that she is loved. i wish i could have sat with her and told her that she was not alone in her struggles. everyone has difficulties to endure. i wish i could have told her that i know exactly how she feels when she can't get out of bed and everything feels so dark and hopeless. i wish i could have told her that there is hope.

i love all of my friends, near and far. i am so grateful for your love and encouragement. i wish i had room to post all of your faces here.

please know how very much you are loved by me.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Right back at you, Amy! I wouldn't have made it through my Buffalo times with as many smiles if I hadn't had you! :) I think of our all-nighter at the Toy Sale every time Stockton rides his Fisher-Price Jeep around. Love you! Thanks for being a fabulous friend.

CJB said...

ah, shucks! Me too! I am sooo glad we have kept in touch all these years. Thanks to cyberspace its a litle more often. It really doesn't seem possible that it was 16 years ago we were roomies. Check my math on that, but still. You have been a constant joy in my life and I'm pretty sure we'll still be puttin' on our comedy act together in the hereafter. Love ya!

Alice said...

That is a really sweet post. You are a great person and you look fantastic!

Who recently passed away?

wurtz said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.

Friends are what make our own worlds go round. Your friends are lucky to have you. Love you tons!

Unknown said...

I love you Amy- and I know you are my sister, but I consider you one of my very bestest friends! Love you forever....

The Favorite said...

Amy- I DO LOVE you and you better never forget that!
Up for some dessert this week?

Chantel said...

Actually we are the lucky ones to have a friend as kind and thoughtful as you. You make life bearable.

family said...

Hey friend! I love you tons too, so sad to hear about your friend. And I love seeing you everyday - I think you are my sanity link to the world sometimes :)

The Gurrs said...

I love you too Amy! I really miss your wonderful laugh! You are such a wonderfully kind, warm person! You add a lot of sunshine to Buffalo! Wish you were here!

Shannon said...

What a great post. So often we take for granted our great friends huh! You're awesome for writing this post and telling everyone how you feel. Thanks for all the fun memories from High School and College.