hulse

hulse

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

getting ready

we are planning to run the susan g. komen race for the cure in a month or so. i'm forcing the children to run for my own selfish reasons. i want my family with me through this race, just like they were with me through my cancer journey. that's not too terribly selfish is it? afton HATES running, but she has been bribed with money for each practicing milestone we reach, and suddenly she's not hating it quite so much!
i'm not going to say how much money she is making off this little endeavor.
ella loves to run and keeps us all going with her happy smile!
so, this picture is after running our first mile straight.
from afton:
We ran about 1 mile!Part of the deal for Ella and I to earn money is to run to a sertaint point and dad thought that it would take more than 1 try for us to run all the way around the circle. So I get 5 dollers for doing that!The other reson why we are running is because we're training to do a race to rase money for breast canser.It's special to my mom because she just finished going through that.So it is very special to her. That is why we are running the race.




7 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

How awesome that the whole family is running!!! Love Afton's little note, what a sweet girl!

Kara and the girls~ said...

in the simplest words- I love you Amy!!

The Favorite said...

Whoo Hoo! Great running, I'll be right there with you to- so excited!

Melanie said...

What a great thing to do as a family! And hey, sometimes you just got to use a little bribery...I know I do! :) Afton's note is so sweet...thanks for sharing.

Melanie said...

Oh, and one more thing...you will have to tell Afton that I recently said to my son, "easy peasy lemon squeezy." I always thought that saying on your blog was so dang cute and so obviously it has stuck with me!!!

Gruwells said...

We say "easy peasy lemon squeezy" now too! Love you so much! Will you pay me for each practice run I do?

I'll be there! Love you all.....

Megan said...

Amy,
Are you organizing a team for the race? Peter and I are going to do it, too (well, I won't be running - I'm trying to decide between the 1 mile walk and the 5K walk - I will be 8 months pregnant, after all. But if you're doing a team, we would love to be on it.