hulse

hulse

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

genius!

i found a great idea in the family fun magazine for getting kids to do chores. i am the worst at making my kids do things around the house. hence, the beds are never made in the morning and i usually end up making them or they just stay messy all day.
this is not the way i was raised! my mom threatened to come to school and bring us home to make our beds if they weren't made before we left.
so, the great idea is shown above. each sweetie has a jar and they can put in a pebble when they have completed a job. each job can be done multiple times a week and some jobs are worth more than others. when the jar is full they earn a reward.
so far (just started this morning) it's been a huge success!
the girls are super excited and i'm hoping the excitement doesn't completely fade. i'm also hoping that it will make our house a little more organized and happier this summer.

9 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

SUper cute jars, what a great idea!!!!

Brad, Emily, Mya said...

So cute. Love the jars & idea. I'm totally stealing this as soon as Mya is old enough for some chores.

Kara and the girls~ said...

we did this when Alyx lived here and it was a pretty good success! by the way- I tell my kids that Mom totally made me walk home from school just to make my bed one day- it works wonders! no offense Mom- just using your vast wisdom to my advantage :)

Natalie said...

That is a good idea! Maybe I will make Jars for Mike and I.

Gruwells said...

I've tried a lot of different "tactics" over the years, and this has been one of the ones that has worked best....and of course, those jars are darling! Just as another thought...we've also used it at Christmas time as "naughty" and "nice" jars to promote loving feelings over the holidays, more focused on the Savior.

I'm assuming the reward is to visit, Erie????? :) Love you!

The Gurrs said...

what a great idea! I need to use that

The Favorite said...

Love this!

Melanie said...

Cute idea and super cute jars! Hope it keeps working! :)

Laura said...

Please let me know how this works out for you guys. I saw this idea and thought about it, too, so I'll be anxious for a first hand experience!