hulse

hulse

Thursday, April 14, 2011

author visit

last night at our pta meeting, we had our visiting author, bridget llewellyn speak to us about her book entitled One Child, One Planet.  she is a super nice lady.  she read the book to us and showed us the process of getting her book published and printed.  it's a great book about treating mother earth right, for the young folks of the world.  it's not a scary/al gore/ type of book, and is specifically written in a non-threatening way for children. 
tomorrow she will speak to the children and i'm excited to hear their questions and comments to her.  i bought her book and she signed it for the girls.  they have been working all week with their librarian (who is wonderful) on reducing, reusing, and recycling.  they are so excited to wrap the week up with the visiting author assembly. 
as a side note...ryan has not approved this post, as he does not believe in recycling.  it goes against everything he believes in...which is anything covered in velveeta cheese.
hee, hee.


2 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

love that ry- I think he is in cahootz with cam.

Gruwells said...

Makes me think of that Jim Gaffigan joke where he says something like, "I can barely get myself washed, and now I have to wash the trash too?!" :)

I do have to say, I loved Velveeta cheese when I was young....