hulse

hulse

Monday, August 25, 2008

it's all true

everything aftie wrote is absolutely true! my ankle is healing, but my road burned knee is still a little sore. poor me. but we ran tonite and all was well. it felt good to try to detox after a weekend of many cookies and brownies and ice cream. oh, my!

i had a fun time with eliza at the elmwood arts festival on saturday. we left all 5 children with her lovely and wonderfully kind husband for hours and hours. we didn't even realize how many hours we were gone until it was 5pm. (my husband was golfing) let's just say...apparently we needed some free time. we had a delicious lunch at the globe market. it reminded me of eating lunch with my sisters in ketchum, idaho at perry's. remember that place, girls? we used to eat there everytime we spent time in sun valley. anyway, we had a great time and saw lots of good art and some interesting art.
well, the girls are asleep in my bed (ryan is traveling) and ella has just rolled over and has her sweet little arm draped over my arm and chest. it's getting a little difficult to type, nevermind the breathing has become labored. afton has her pink leopard print sleeping mask on. she is a diva just waiting to happen. ella is sleeping on a travel pillow...you know the kind you put around your neck during a long, overseas flight? a wise mother knows...it's better to pick your fights.
also, a funny headline from jay leno...Lost: a man's wedding ring. lost in the hooter's parking lot.

2 comments:

The Gurrs said...

So, I so wish I could have been there for the marathon girls day out! What fun! So how are you doing? When I first saw your comment I got a big Amy sickness (kinda like home sickness) and wanted to go hang out with you and eat yummy treats or belly dance or something :)
So are you ok? is your leg healing?
I miss my Amy time, but hopefully we'll get to see you sometime!
love, lindsay

Laura said...

Ahhhh . . . some much needed girl's time! Reminds me of sleeping overnight on a mattress in line at Fisher Price -- only much more comfortable! :) Miss you. Glad you had fun!