hulse

hulse

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

fur-cation

that's what ryan's colleagues nicknamed their week off without pay. most people call it a furlough, but since we're all looking on the bright side of things and using it as an extra week of vacation, it's now referred to as a fur-cation!
so, for our furcation, we headed to st. louis. ryan's parents are relocating to st louis and we thought we could help them explore the city.
we did a lot of fun stuff, but the best part of the whole trip was seeing ryan's family.
we got to see baby mya for the first time! she is soooo darling and we love her already! and we got to see auntie angie, who we always love to spend time with. isn't she lovely in purple?
we went to the zoo and had a fun day there seeing all kinds of animals. afton's favorites were the flamingos. ella got to touch a stingray at the stingray exhibit! in fact, she touched stingrays at least 7 times. she's much braver than her mom. we also loved seeing the hippos swim under water. that was my favorite!

we went to see the arch. i was far more impressed than i thought i'd be. it is beautiful! all that shiny steel...
we actually took a little ride up to the top. don't ask me to go with you though, because i won't do it again.

and ryan's dad found this funny little vehicle. we all rode up and down the mississippi riverfront
laughing and having a great time! afton loved to be the person driving.
we had such a great time with grandpa, grandpa, auntie angie, uncle brad, auntie emily and baby mya! we love our family and wished everyone had been there.



6 comments:

family said...

That baby looks just like Hudsyn Davies - I thought I had the wrong blog! What a cutie, chubby baby!! I just want to squish her little legs!

Natalie said...

I am so jealous! That looks like so much fun!!!! I love the little bike/vehicle thing!!! SO FUN!

The Favorite said...

7 Times!
That does look like a fun car/bike thing to ride a long and I am so jealous of all of you for actually seeing- and going into- the arch. Someday...

Crescent said...

We are loving our fancy new clothes...thank you so much! So I am feeling so terrible because I haven't been much of a blogger lately so I completely missed your post on breast cancer!! I seriously feel so bad. If it weren't so late, I'd call you right now. I'm glad things are okay now, but I'm really sorry for not knowing what was going on.

Laura said...

That looks so fun! And I love your outfit!! It looks so fun and summery! :)

Kara and the girls~ said...

hey sister-
sorry i didn't call back yet- i wasn't really busy, just really lazy today! i will call you this week and fill you in on the good old drama


hope you are doing as great as you always look!!! love you- kara