hulse

hulse

Monday, November 9, 2009

acorn squash-not a keeper


whenever i try out a new recipe, i ask ry and the girls if it's a keeper. tonite, i made fettucine alfredo with grilled shrimp (which is not new) and i roasted an acorn squash for a different vegetable than we usually have.

afton gagged on her squash, but managed to get three bites down-only with a promise of cold stone ice cream later.

ella declared the squash, "not a keeper" after nearly vomitting her microscopic squash bites.

seriously. i am not exaggerating on the gags and near vomits.

i remember gagging at the thought of having to eat some dinner items in my youth. in fact i still remember sitting at the dining table refusing to eat a pimento bologna sandwich. i must have been 3 or 4 years old. remember that mom?


6 comments:

CJB said...

that is so funny. in our house it was zucchini casserole. what is it with the squash family? i love acorn squash--perhaps you didn't douse it with brown sugar and butter? :)

Kara and the girls~ said...

haha- what a funny girl you are- I remember having to eat spinach that mom would drown in vinegar- I still hate cooked spinach to this day! Mom somehow does not remember this situation, but oh I do! I try not to make my kids eat something they gag on- but it happens once in a while- so you're not the only one!

Love you!

amy said...

i did give it a good drizzle of maple sugar. i tried to convince them it was just like eating pancakes with syrup. well, kind of like that.

The Favorite said...

Yeah, good idea though...
It's hard to make annything good after so much Halloween candy.

Laura said...

Oh man! That is soooo funny! I remember gagging down nasty stuff my mom made me eat, too! Yuck! Liver is one thing I remember sitting at the table staring at for hours (or so it felt in my little girl mind). Hilarious! Love your guts!

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

Amy! I love your sense of humor...better yet, I just love YOU! I love this blogging thing so I can keep up with everyone. I can't believe how grown up the cute girls are getting! It was like a year ago I was in the BUff and ya'll were the first family I met! Tell everyone hi...p.s. Matt and I plan on coming up to visit in May-ish so I hope ya'll are still there!