hulse

hulse

Sunday, January 9, 2011

update

my mom said the other day..."what's up with your blog, missy?"

well, i'll tell you.  my laptop is all crazy and i can't download my pictures and blah blah blah.  we'll work on fixing it one of these days.

but i'll quickly update by saying that we have been busy getting back into the groove of school and work and playing. 

ella has been busy being silly.  so silly.  in fact she just read this and said, "delete all of that".

afton has been signed up to ice skate, but after a very, very dramatic 5 minutes on the ice, she decided ice skating is not for her.

ryan has been busy at work.  very busy.

i have been busy avoiding the large pile of christmas decor in the dining room.  at least i have it all in one room, right?

i have also been busy detoxing with my friend eliza.  we do a gentle detox each year (this is our third year in a row) and i love it!  it makes me feel so good, especially after a big problem of overindulging during the holidays.  starting with valentine's day. 

we're going to do some runs this year, hopefully the first 5k in april.  we'll see if we can accomplish our goal of one 5k/month from april through the turkey trot on thanksgiving day. 

my 6 month mammogram checkup was good and clear of any cancer!  woo, woo!  so, i am feeling like i am ready to put that all behind me and focus on moving forward.  well, mostly just moving.  even if i just stay in one place, (treadmill) at least i'm moving, right?

so, there's your update for now.  maybe pictures next time.

5 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Yeh for your mammogram being cancer free!!! That is wonderful news!!!!

The Favorite said...

Great start to a new year! Sorry about the ice skating lessons..
Keep eating healthy and thanks again for all the help on Saturday!

Chantel said...

Amy, you make me laugh and giggle to myself. I'm cheering on the moving but not on a treadmill. New Mexico is calling you my friend.

Kari said...

Yeah! I've been wondering about your blog too. I'd love to hear more about the detox you do. The one I like is no sugar, no meat, no dairy and no wheat. It does make you feel good, doesn't it? Hard to do though! Happy to hear you're doing so well. Love you guys

Gruwells said...

Such good things to cheer about......miss you already.

love you much!