hulse

hulse

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

afton's hairbows

afton is participating in kidbiz, which is a program run by the small business department at buffalo state.
she attended a training, received a business license, and pays for a space at the elmwood-bidwell farmers market.
aftie decided to make and sell super-cute hairbows that her auntie megan in nebraska taught her to make. 
she is also selling hairbows that our super cute friend, carolyn taught her to make.
 she goes to market one saturday a month during the summer.
 she has worked sooooo hard getting ready.
her hard work paid off the first saturday, as she made around $50!
she is definitey looking forward to the next saturday!
our fun friends had the booth next to afton's and sold "gourmet goods".
goose and granny are boys, but have these funny nicknames.
their mom is the gourmet, but they helped to grind the wheat to make bread and other delicious goods!
it was so fun to sit back and let the kids sell their goods.
i had such a fun time watching afton's confidence grow as she answered questions about her hairbows.
good job aftie girl!

4 comments:

Megan and Travis said...

Way to go Afton!! I'm so glad she loves making the hair bows I showed her how to make, and that she was able to sell some at the Farmer's Market!! I know how to make a few other kinds, I'll have to show her how when we're all in St.Louis in a few weeks!

Brad, Emily, Mya said...

That's so cute. What a fun program. She needs to come make some hair bows w/ Megan & I before the baby comes; I can't have enough hair accesories for my girls!

Kara and the girls~ said...

Aftie- you are sooo amazing and talented and beautiful! by the way- Calli and Teags have worn their bows since I got back- they only take them out at night! Love you and proud of you!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Oh, I'm so proud of you Aftie! Way to go girlie. Your sign is beautiful and so colorful- I would stop for sure and buy lots of them. I'll have Taylor and Peri look at the picture closely and buy some. I'll call you! Love you.