hulse

hulse

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

music

i forgot how much i love to listen to music. ryan got me all fixed up with my new ipod. i now have a playlist just for running. okay, i know everyone already knows how to create a playlist, but i don't care...just because i'm about 10 years behind. i am excited and i think my running time will go by much more enjoyably. besides i got to go through all of my cd's and pick out my favorite music to get me moving.

today was afton's first day back to school after the winter break. ryan said goodbye at 8 this morning. i looked at the clock and suddenly alert, asked ryan if aftie was awake. "No, does she have school today?" "YES!" Needless to say, Aft was a little late to school, only 40 minutes. Then, I was late to tennis, but not by much. Besides I was playing with the slow group today and got absolutely no exercise. I didn't even break a sweat. Some of the ladies are more fun/competitive/skilled to play with, others aren't. I'm no superstar, but at least I try to reach or move or make an effort to return the ball. I always have fun, but it really is more fun to play with folks at the same level.

Ella was so mad at me this morning because I wouldn't let her go back to the car to put her sunglasses in it. She just stood at the door of the tennis club screaming. Boots (the daycare lady) was standing just inside trying to console her, as I stood with Ella just outside trying to talk some sense into her. Finally I took the glasses and put them in my bag, then pushed her gently through the open door. She was mad! When I came to pick her up, she was happy as can be. She and Boots had been playing a little piano and singing. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

I just finished reading the Bob Dole Memoir, A Soldier's story. I gave it to my dad for Christmas. He read it while they were here and left it for me to read. I finished it last night and I loved it. He made so many good points throughout about being an all around good person. He mentioned that his aunt had given him a quarter for each correct spelling test he had, and how that made him be a great speller even to this day. I decided to give Afton a dime for each correctly spelled word on her spelling tests each week. She thought that would be a great idea as she is always saving up for something.

Here's a funny thing I read in the Amherst Bee (the little community newspaper) in the Police Blotter...A welfare check was requested on Island Park on Main Street for a middle aged man that was on the ground moaning. He was practicing yoga.

Also...Police were called to a dispute on Creekside Drive where a 15-year-old girl was out of control. The mother controlled the situation by sitting on the daughter.

1 comment:

CJB said...

Aren't play lists the haps? Its like the old mixed tape, but no need to rewind, stop, rewind, stop, rewind, stop, fast forward, stop, then play to hear your fave over and over!

You paper kills me! I can't wait to see what you make the news for?!?

Have I mentioned that I so love that you do a blog?