hulse

hulse

Friday, June 6, 2008

i totally forgot...

i can't believe that i forgot to share my miss america moment! on saturday, at Time Out, mary ellen edmunds (so funny) was sharing some names of girls at the event who exemplified a joyful life. by the way, the theme of the conference was something about finding joy. anyway, near the end of the list (a very short list by the way), guess who's name was read???? MINE! i seriously felt like i was just announced the winner of the miss america pageant...who? me? really? i'm not worthy! thank you everyone! thank you to my loyal fans and supporters and...

so, here's the story...(i'm sure you are dying to know every detail, don't worry i won't leave out a thing)
from christi's blog - "A week ago Deseret Book sent me an email inviting me to share how the person I am bringing to TOFW lives a joyful life. Of course I jumped at the chance to glow on Amy and so they had her stand along with a few others to be recognized. They only had time to read a few of the essays so everyone did not get to hear why she is so wonderful, but I told her I should have included she has overcome polio and built a school in Honduras and maybe they would have read it. Always being humble! But it made her day and was the cherry on top of the sundae."

it's really sad, but afterward we went to lunch and i kept asking christi all kinds of things about it. "how could you have kept a secret so long? weren't you just dying to tell me?" (seriously) "so, what did you say about me?" (yes, really i asked that) "could you believe they read my name?" and so on... and on and on and on. yes, really. thanks christi, you really did make my day.

it's weird, but no one bowed or saluted as i walked out of the conference hall to lunch.

2 comments:

The Favorite said...

I forgot to get your autograph when I saw you this morning, remind me to next time :) You are so full of joy!

CJB said...

You deserved every moment of your glory!