hulse

hulse

Thursday, June 19, 2008

look at me!!!



look what i did today...that's right, you're seeing correctly. this is a yoga inversion called salamba sirsasana (i think). it is very, very difficult. only the most advanced and amazingly talented yogis can even attempt this. okay that's a joke. but really, i have been trying to do this without a wall to lean against for months and months. today i gave it a try in the middle of yogini chantel's kitchen and...voila! in the past i have fallen over onto my back and even pulled my hair!

also, i made strawberry freezer jam. i am really nervous about making jam, but i found a little packet of stuff and followed the directions and it wasn't hard at all.

ella and i went strawberry picking yesterday for playgroup. it was very muddy and very fun. i felt just like a real pioneer after picking my own strawberries and then making jam! i also made a yummy little strawberry cake for dessert tonite. i found it on http://www.marthastewart.com/ it was easy and quite yum.

i also made a delicious (i thought) salad for dinner. the girls claimed not to like salad, but we forced them to eat some anyway. i will post these recipes on my cooking blog for your enjoyment. http://www.ryamafelcooks.blogspot.com/

also, here's something funny...ella got out of the bath tonite and came in wearing dirty pajamas from last night. i said to ryan, "those are dirty". ryan said "they were in the basket, those clothes in the basket are clean, right?" "no, they're dirty" i know that's not particularly funny, but the funny part is that i just can't imagine how he could have been confused. in case you aren't following...laundry is not my forte'. sometimes the clean clothes are in the basket, sometimes on the bed, sometimes on the floor. sometimes the dirty clothes are in the basket, sometimes on the floor, etc. you see the predicament. i have a great system all worked out, it's just that i forgot to implement it.

7 comments:

kristenita said...

yay HEADSTAND! it is the funnest, huh? ...and a cool party trick.
it looks like in the picture you have changed your hair a bit & you wear a slightly different outfit in chantel's kitchen than you do at the church yoga group!!
:)
namaste!

amy said...

oh, didn't i mention? that's not me in the photo. dang.

The Favorite said...

I'm SO excited that you have a cooking blog- now I can know all your great secrets...

Unknown said...

Yea for the cooking blog! Now that's a great idea!

LOL at Kirsten! I was thinking the same thing! Where did you get that sweet fuscia outfit! You go with your upsidedown self! I'm sure the headrush is energizing!

CJB said...

Yay for you! What a big accomplishment, along with everything else. I am so impressed.

and I am thrilled Megan Jo has joined the blogging world. yay!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Can't wait to try some of your recipes!!!

Crescent said...

I am so impressed!! I need to get back into going to yoga....I still don't think I'll ever be on your level though!