hulse

hulse

Saturday, January 10, 2009

body + soul 5 week challenge


my friend eliza and i are doing the body+soul magazine 5 week challenge. we are finishing up our first week and i'll tell you...i like it! i would encourage anyone to try it. the first week is a very common sense, non-radical detox. this includes not only refraining from sugar, etc but also from as much tv, internet, newspaper, etc as possible. it also includes time for journal writing each day. there are questions to consider listed each day, if you feel like you need a little prompt in your writing. it also encourages 30 minutes of exercise each day. tomorrow we start easing into a regular food routine.
i really think it's a great way to step back and look at your eating, exercise, relaxation and stress habits. i've gained a bit a weight this past year and am ready to take that step back to re-evaluate my eating habits. i like that the detox includes eating! it's not something crazy like...drink only cayenne pepper juice. each day you include lots of whole grains, vegetables and legumes, beans, etc and drink lots of water.
this will be a permanent bookmark for me. i'm sure i'll refer to it often, and perhaps even take the challenge again sometime when i need a reminder of how to eat properly.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Amy and Ryan,
Thanks so much for the Christmas card, we can't believe how big your kids are. We were so happy to hear from you as we have lost touch. Drop us a line sometime or check our blog: http://paskettfamily.blogspot.com
You all look great and we can't wait to hear from you again!

Love, Felicia, Jeremy & Taryn

The Gurrs said...

Ok, so I totally want to try that. I have gotten into some bad eating habits. As soon as family is done visiting in a few days or so, I will start. I just have to try the recipe for the Cheesecake factory's White chocolate truffle raspberry cheesecake first...and then I'll stop...hopefully!
Thanks for the inspiration!

The Favorite said...

Yes, it has been wonderful, although I was really excited Monday to have whole grains again. I am also still figuring out the exercise time. I printed out a lot of the recipes and I'm excited to try them. Here's to a healthy us!