hulse

hulse

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

i'm pleased to introduce...

i know it's been a while since i've discussed/introduced any of my other late-night personalities. since it's 3:27 am, i felt it an appropriate time to do so now.
to review-i have not "clinically" or "officially" been diagnosed with split/multiple personalities. it's a neat thing i discovered all on my own. they mostly visit late at night, perhaps while ryan is out of town, or perhaps (and this is just an example-sort of-not really, it's all true) when i've been diagnosed with (what i believe to be) a SEVERE case of tonsilitis and have spent the past 2-3 days sleeping, hallucinating, and praying i won't ever have to swallow again. then i take meds the doctor prescribed and miraculously feel all better with much more energy. so much energy that i'm posting on the blog at 3:30am. the devil-water (diet coke) i drank today and this evening may factor in as well. also a factor, the house beautiful issue i read before turning out the lights, but after a bit of jay leno.
now that i've completely explained myself, i'm pleased to introduce tonite's personality...daisy the interior design maven!!
daisy has been hard at work coming up with all sorts of plans for this little shanty we call home. of course all designs will be sketched and made/found by me. there will be no spending spree trips to any fancy home stores. just me and my imagination and perhaps a trip or two to ikea.

daisy has come up with some amazing designs for aft's room. we've got a diy 4 poster bed with hand-made drapes. a new closet door concept. an amazingly fantastic "found" bedside table that could be spray painted our choice of color. oh, and the best part...the room's occupant will be so thrilled with daisy's plans that we'll get to work on it in the morning. (it is spring break week) also daisy obviously has not met this room-owner and may not realize the difficult nature of this client.

this leads to the renovation of the kitchen. if only we could get the flow of traffic out of the middle of the kitchen. hmmmmm, that gives daisy a big lightbulb idea. we could simply close off the entry space and move it down the wall a ways to direct traffic into the newly renovated kitchen/library space. i don't know why we haven't thought of this sooner. it actually makes pretty good sense. good thing we hired daisy. and while we're at it, why don't we put in a stairwell from the existing pantry to the basement, so the basement can be accessed from another point in the house. genius!

now did i mention her fun idea for a cork rug in the "make-do" craft room we plan to start work on in the morning, right after we finish aft's room (really, it should only take a couple of hours)? i didn't? oh, well we're going to find cork squares and put them all together with some super cute colored duct tape. we're thinking pink, orange and brown. we're putting together a craft room in the unfinished basement so we can clear space to work on the kitchen/library.

a big thank you to daisy for all of your marvelous ideas that have kept me awake for these many hours. maybe now that they're all down on paper, i can let my mind rest.

so that's daisy. isn't she great? so creative and fun to work with. she can do anything. she's way more fun than wendy-worrier. and really sometimes emily-entrepeneur can get a little over-zealous on the whole smoothie bar thing. really.

also, an important note...the name of the blog has been formally changed from what? to the blog. what? was kind of a dumb name because i wasn't feeling very creative and because most of my life has been spent thinking and saying that very word, with a very embarrassing look on my face. the look comes from my childhood years on the farm. because i am trying to break away from my dumb farm girl looks and vocabulary, i decided to change it to the blog. also, that's what we all call this thing 'round these parts. oh, there i go slippin' up again. dad-gum-it!

6 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

you are such a silly! what are you saying- we have farm girl, idaho hick tendencies? i spose we do once in a while- good thing you got out to the sophisticated buffalo area, huh? i love you- you make me laugh so hard- and i think you are definitely the best writer in the famiy! call u soon!

The Favorite said...

I think you should change the name to "what the?"
I love the ideas, does Daisy want to come to my home too and give me great ideas?

Shannon said...

You crack me up. I love that you are so creative ( or is it that split personality thing:0)) so good to keep in touch. have a great week!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

oh, daisy how I love your ideas! I really could stay up for hours with you. you're crazy sister also comes alive at night with orgainzing and cleaning thoughts. I think we have our mother to blame for all of this.

Unknown said...

Hi my friend!
It was so great to see your cute smiling face today at church! If I wasn't so anxious about my kids spilling out all over the cultral hall I may have been able to actually sit and hug you! I regret that I didn't!
I missed you at the Easter lunch. I'm so sorry you have been feeling so sick.
I am loving all of the ideas! I do think some credit is due to the fabulous taste of caffine!

Heather said...

What a coincidence - Daisy keeps me up late at night too! You are so funny!