hulse

hulse

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

starting over...sort of

a quick update for all my fans... (hee, hee)



today ry and i went to this place

it's called roswell park cancer institute. in my estimation, it's a pretty great place. they have lovely volunteers who open the doors for you, volunteer pianists and musicians playing in the lobby, the nicest nurses and technicians, a place for kids to make get-well cards for patients, complimentary water, coffe and tea, tables covered in paper for you to write your thoughts, etc.

so, we went to hear results on a new mri i had done last week. after four hours, many mammograms and an ultrasound, it has been determined that we need another biopsy. they see more calcifications and the biopsy will determine if they are malignant. the biopsy will be tomorrow and results from pathology should be available by friday.

it feels a bit like starting over. but we know that whatever the results are, we'll be fine and get it all taken care of.

a gigantic thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. also, a gigantic thank you to all my local loves for the babysitting and flowers and kind thoughts and lovely gifts. how did i get so lucky? i really have the most wonderful friends!

16 comments:

kristenita said...

you are so positive!! good luck tomorrow & FRIDAY... it just plain stinks waiting for results for things. :( and I hope you got plenty of complimentary water & heard some good tunes while you were camped out for 4 hours today!

more prayers from me comin' your way. I just love you so much & hope all is well!

wurtz said...

I wish you the best and hope all goes well. You and your sweet family are in my prayers. I love you Amy.

Megan Jo Eddie said...

It will all be okay, because I love you so much! What a wonderful sister you are. You're always in my prayers and my thoughts. Plus, you're the only one who laughs at my jokes- so I think you're extra special. I love you Ames.

Those Dandy Dillards said...

Amy -

This is Megan's sister Amanda. I just wanted you to know that I've been reading your blog and about your valiant fight with cancer. I am so sorry and so sad to hear that you are having to go through this. Normal days raising kids I know can be a challenge and I can only imagine doing it under heavier circumstances. But I wanted to let you know that I admire your strength and hope. I am praying for you and your family and am so glad that you have a support system in place already - that is so important for when things like this come along in our lives. Here's hoping for a cancer-free stamp sooner rather than later for you!

~Amanda Dillard

amy said...

special in what kind of way? is that short bus special?

CJB said...

Good luck sista. I love all the positive energy. Here's to healthy hooters in no time!

Kara and the girls~ said...

in regards to the short bus comment- you do a pretty good impression (you know what I mean!) I love you Ames- good thoughts and feelings!

The Favorite said...

You are the wonderful friend my dear! I hope all went well today.

Laura said...

Love you, Amy! We'll be praying for you on Friday! :)

gantrieb said...

You are still in our thoughts and prayers! Please remember that you can send your girls our way any time! We would LOVE to have them.

family said...

Amy! I love you! I hope that everything went OK. I will call you tomorrow!

Brad, Emily, Mya said...

Dearest Amy, I know the Lords' most choice blessings will be with you. You are the best and I Love you Mom Hulse

Brad, Emily, Mya said...

Dearest Amy, You are the best and I love you! It will all be ok! Mom Hulse

Mark and Katie said...

we are thinking about you and praying for good results. you are a wonderful example of strength in the face of trials

Heather said...

If you can live through a reckless car crash caused by your reckless driving teenage friend - you can live through this!

I am praying that the news tomorrow will be good. It looks like you found good doctors at a good hospital that will take good care of you while you have good friends to look after you. And you deserve all this good and more!

I wish I could be there to help.

Shannon said...

Good luck Amy! I'm sorry to hear about all that you have been going through. I hope things will start looking up for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!