hulse

hulse

Sunday, August 30, 2009

our travels

our friends recently moved to erie, pennsylvania and we thought we'd better go check things out, since it's only an hour or two away. we went to this fun, but slow service, restaurant. it used to be a firehouse. the food was lovely and the decor was great. all old firehouse stuff. we loved being with our friends and wish they were only 10 minutes away.
ryan and i decided to zip up to toronto, an hour and a half the other way for a belated 10th anniversary celebration. we were definitely the toast of the town, with ryan limping down the street with a newly frozen wart on the bottom of his foot, and my recently-biopsied self feeling a little tired! we stayed on the harbourfront in a great hotel, had a delicious dinner, visited a crazy art gallery, and did a little window shopping. it was nice to get away for a bit.
on the cancer front...the biopsy came back positive for more dcis. basically more malignant cells. so tuesday is the day to meet with the surgeon and make a plan of action! i'm sure it will include another surgery and probably radiation. so, we'll be hoping they get it all this time and then we can be done with it.
thanks again for your love and prayers. we're so grateful to all of our friends and family. i know we are able to stay positive because there are so many prayers being said in our behalf. we love you!








4 comments:

kristenita said...

oh amy! stupid cancer. I'm so sorry. we will keep praying. and anytime you want to chat or do some yoga or get some cake or something, give me a call & I'm game.

the toronto trip sounds like it was great though & hotels are always so much fun.

The Gurrs said...

You are one amazing woman! You have such amazing strength and I know Heavenly Father has a plan for all of this.

I love you and I am praying for you!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Love you sister! You're in my thoughts many times a day and in my prayers every day. I love you so much.

Laura said...

Hey Amy. Thanks for your example of strength and optimism. :) I'll be praying for you and thinking of ya! Love your guts!