hulse

hulse

Friday, September 18, 2009

goodbye cancer!

short version...cancer is gone!

long version...i had a surgery to remove remaining calcifications a week or two ago. went to my follow-up appointment yesterday and the margins are clear! the margins refers to the area around the calcifications that they check to be sure there is no additional cancer.

so, i will start a 6 week round of radiation in a month and then perhaps take some medication and then i'm done. can you believe it?

we are so happy and relieved. it's been a long summer of worry, but we knew it would turn out alright.

all our love and thanks to each of you who sent positive thoughts our way, prayed for us, put my name on the prayer rolls of the temple, took our girls for long stretches of time, took our girls without a bit of warning, made me delicious dinner, brought me flowers, sent me cards, and listened to my sad story.

i have felt so much love from everyone and i thank you from the very very bottom of my heart. i love you all and hope i will be able to be a positive force when you are in need one day.

10 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

What a huge relief!!!!!
You guys need to go and celebrate, I would love to watch your kids!

Natalie said...

WOO HOO!!! That is excellent news! I am so happy to hear that!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Ame.

Mark and Katie said...

congratulations amy. we are so happy for you.

Laura said...

Smooooooch! Love you, Amy! :) Thanks for sharing this great news!

Kara and the girls~ said...

Hey sister- I am saking some moup, and I thought of you- homemade chicken noodle- yummy, wish you were here to have some with me! I love you.....

Crescent said...

Such good news!! I am so happy. We sure love you! Maia would be especially lost without you:)

The Gurrs said...

Amy, you are wonderful! I am so glad your miracle came ! We love you very much and miss you tons!

Heather said...

So glad to hear the good news!

Shannon said...

Such good news! I've been thinking about you and hoping and praying that things will be well with you! Good luck!