hulse

hulse

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

my cousin

this is my cousin, doc. he's serving our country in iraq. he and his little family are so brave. his wife, tori, is due with their second baby in just a month or so. she has spent the last 7 months without her husband. he will be able to come home for 15 days when she has their new baby boy. apparently doc has a pretty important job and was just promoted. the bridge in the background of this photo was framed in 4 hours! they are working hard, and it's hot, hot! around 135 degrees. seriously. can you imagine wearing all that gear and working in 135 degree weather?
my hat is off to doc and tori and all the other people who are part of the military. i'm grateful to them and i'm sure there are people all over the world who are grateful to them for building new bridges, roads, and schools.
please keep doc and tori in your prayers.

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I am so grateful for people who choose to serve our country. I can't imagine having your husband gone while pregnant. What a selfless sacrifice. We will keep them in our prayers.

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I love this picture of Doc. What a great man he is. It's been fun to connect with Tori. I hope we'll all get to meet someday soon.

Laura said...

Thanks, Doc! And Tori, you are a brave, amazing woman! My brother gets back next week from his year in Afghanistan. He left when his baby girl was 10 days old. It will be WONDERFUL to see him again! Thanks to all who serve. :)