hulse

hulse

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

top 10 reasons to love radiation

10. you get to wear a super comfy gown.
9. meeting all kinds of different people in the waiting area. (one guy liked to tell about all the reasons local restaurants have closed. for example...uno pizza closed because of the bad economy, but the guy at hooters just didn't pay his bills. who knew?)
8. you get a tan (although it eventually turns into a burn and then peels off. oh, and no one can see it unless you go topless.)
7. being taken care of by nice radiation therapists...(see picture) 6. if you go to roswell for your radiation, you can skip around the corner for lunch with friends at Au bon pain!
5. complimentary weekly massage!!
4. a parking pass for a special radiation and emergency only parking lot. lucky.
3. hand sanitizer everywhere!
2. getting in my morning run (approximately 1 1/2 minutes from parking lot to front door)
and the #1 reason to love radiation...
IT'S OVER!

12 comments:

Brad, Emily, Mya said...

Yay Amy! I'm so glad it's over. Hope you're feeling good. Take care.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

That is such great news!!!!!!

Chantel said...

I swear you are the only person I know who could find 10 things to love about radiation. You are awesome and I wish I were more like you. I miss you, I miss you, I miss you.

Kara and the girls~ said...

I am jumping up and down in excitement!! YAY- can you believe it's done with finally? I love you sis- call you soon~

Megan Jo Eddie said...

HOW PROUD OF YOU AM I????? SO PROUD!!!!!! You are an amazingly lady. You've inspired me through this whole thing. Now, go celebrate in the sun and by the beach! I LOVE YOU!

Alice said...

Wow! You are an inspiration to me! I can't imagine what you have gone through!!! Love ya! Just thinking about the good old Main Street Treat Days!

The Favorite said...

Lovely Picture!
So HAPPY that you're done, now we can have some fun!

Melanie said...

Yay! I am so glad! I hope you celebrated big time! Take care.

Laura said...

The last reason is the one that I LOVE!!! :) YEAH!!!

Mark and Katie said...

i'm so happy you are all done. i love your positive attitude. congratulations on being done

kristenita said...

I've obiously gotten behind on reading blogs. I love this post & the overall optimism & awesomeness that is Amy.
Weekly massages & awesome parking passes are great perks. But being all done- waaaahoooo!!
Namaste-
I love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are done! I love your humor, what a pick-me-up when things are annoying and hard! You are awesome lady!
We watched the hockey game, well I only watched a little, my attention span isn't very big! I did see the US get the 2nd goal to send the game to OT. That was exciting!
I would love to make you a necklace. I'm thinking $30. Why don't you tell me the color that fits your fancy. Do you want stark white, cream, a touch of pink or brown? I also just made one w/ the flowers and other type beads for the necklace. Let me know and I'll whip it up for you!