hulse

hulse

Sunday, May 9, 2010

being celebrated

i love being a mom for many reasons, but mother's day is one of the most fun reasons. somehow i've set some high expectations for mother's day, because every year i am spoiled rotten. really.
i always have a delicious freshly made yogurt parfait brought to me in bed, often accompanied by flowers!
i always have a delicious meal and dessert prepared for me later in the day.
and one of my favorite parts of the day is opening presents!
the pictures above were made by the girls. they are done in chalk and then framed. truly i am a lucky lady. i had other beautiful gifts made at school and church that i will treasure for years to come.
the photo above was taken during ella's classroom mother's tea on friday. we had lemonade and cookies and were serenaded by the most darling 5 and 6 year olds.
my mom asked ella if i was the cutest mom there. ella said she didn't think so, but then decided i was the most beautiful.
i'll take what i can get!




4 comments:

Laura said...

Amy - thanks for your comment on my blog. You sure make me laugh and I love you to pieces. I think lunch out would DEFINITELY help! ;) Love your guts! Glad you had a great mother's day because you are an amazing mother!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love those framed chalk drawings! What a great gift from your girls!

Chantel said...

Of course you were the most beautiful. You don't even need to ask. That goes without saying. Happy Mother's Day.

wurtz said...

So sweet! Happy Mother's Day beautiful chica!