hulse

hulse

Thursday, April 17, 2008

another exciting day


today i did something really brave...i had my blood drawn without ryan holding my hand. usually i pass out or at least i usually freak out. the girls helped me be brave, but i went into the room all by myself. for all of you brave people who don't mind needles poking your skin, laugh all you want, i don't care. this was a big step for me.


today we also went somewhere fun...the movie. we went to see horton hears a who. it was so cute. the girls and i went with our friends and had a great time.


we had a fun dinner with the same friends and our dads. i happened to be making black bean and tomato chili (a recipe from the martha stewart cookbook i found recently). it was delicious. i will add it to my cooking blog and you definitely have to try it. it's more like black bean and onion soup with an amazing salsa served over yellow rice. it is yummy!


i also ran with a friend tonite to get ready for the envirun (5k) next saturday. we ran much farther than we planned and didn't stop once! we are runners! slow runners, but runners just the same. it felt good!


so, that wraps it up. another exciting day at the hulse house.

2 comments:

wurtz said...

You are sooo brave. Great job! I'm weak just reading about you giving blood. It's not just a blood thing though, it's mostly needles. I'm a total wimp!!! Can't wait to try the recipe. And, Good Luck on your run.

The Favorite said...

Awesome Blog! Thanks for sharing. You are an amazing runner and we are going to do so great on Saturday. I missed you while running alone this morning, it is so warm! Have a very fun Saturday!