hulse

hulse

Thursday, April 10, 2008

it's sunny!

most of this week has been sunny and warm (60's). we have spent much time outside playing. we've got the trampoline up, the sandbox is full of fresh new sand and we even scored on a cute little patio table at lowes. the best part are the cute orange coral cushions from pier 1. oh, and don't let me forget my favorite thing, the swing. it's can fold out into a bed. i tell you, it's heaven on a warm sunny sunday afternoon!

so, here's a new development... afton is sewing. too bad nobody here can help her out. she's making a pillow for her friend. it is seriously cute and so amazing that she's doing such a great job. i've tried to help her with a few parts, but mostly i'm just tying the knot at the end of the thread. i tried to sew on the machine, but we ended up trying to get the fabric and thread unstuck from inside of the machine. like i said, too bad nobody here can help her out. my dreams of creating my own line of clothing has long since left the building.

i have discovered milk that comes in a glass bottle from a local dairy. i can buy it at a really close grocery and you get a 50 cent deposit return when you bring the bottle back. is this genius or what? it makes me feel good to buy something in a container that can be reused and you get money back and it comes from a local place! ryan will be so excited to hear about this. he is so thrilled about my environmental efforts. by the way, i'm being completely sarcastic. ryan likes to throw away the recycling that i have so carefully washed and put in a special container. he just smiles as he puts it into the big trash container and wheels it to the curb. don't come crying to me,ryan, when jesus asks if you took care of his beautiful earth.

that may have been a little sacreligous, sorry.

well, i'm off to prepare dinner for my little darlings. we're having sonoran shrimp scampi. if it's any good i'll post it on my cooking blog.

2 comments:

CJB said...

you kill me! that is hilarious that Ryan semi-humors you trying to be all Leo D'Caprio. You go green girl!

wurtz said...

You are sooo funny!

I'm with you on the sewing thing. If it's a straight line I can handle it, other than that FORGET IT!

You're such a nice mom to allow your kids to play in sand. My kids are only allowed at the beach, I'm so not fun.