hulse

hulse

Friday, January 29, 2010

doughnuts with dad


ella invited her dad to "doughnuts with dad" today. all the kindergarten kids got to invite their dad or a special guest to come to school and have doughnuts this morning. here are some comments from ella about this big day...
"mrs. tripi said the dads could just come at 8:30, or if the dad drops you off, he has to wait in the hall until after the announcements. i'll tell dad just to come at 8:30"
later in the day...
"dad, can you just take me to school? you can just wait in the hall until it's time for donuts with dad."
e-"dad's gonna have coffee."
me-"oh, i don't think dad will have coffee, cause he doesn't drink coffee."
e-"no! mrs. tripi said that milk is for all the kids and coffee is for the dads."
me-"oh, well dad could just have some water or something."
e-"no! mrs. tripi said the dads will have coffee."
me-"but elle, we don't drink coffee"
e-"oh."
"i'm gonna go set out my clothes tonite, so they'll be all ready for the morning for donuts with dad!"
hope the 45 minute "donuts with dad" was as exciting as she was hoping!

7 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

how cute are those two?! ella looks so tiny next to her dad! Love you all- hope they had a wonderful time- I don't think we have that here, but here's hoping!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

That girl is a doll!!!

Laura said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!!! She's so stinkin' excited! I love it. Hope it was a fabulous morning for them both -- with or without the coffee. :)

kristenita said...

So sweet. She is such a cutie!

Gruwells said...

I love it! It sounds oh so familiar...those little ones will stand by what their teachers say no matter what!! I had milk at "muffins for moms" so I'm sure it all worked out OK! :) love you much!

Melanie said...

How cute is that conversation?! I hope doughnuts with dad was a hit...I'm sure it was!!!

Natalie said...

That is super cute, I love that he had to drink coffee because that is what the teacher said! Very cute, I hope it went well!