hulse

hulse

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

my dad would be proud

dad,
i think you'd be proud of me. i've really toughened up these last few years.
tonite i made dinner without even going to the store. i just used what i had. (a novel idea for me)
i've lived life without a cell phone for a few years. (glad that's over now!)
a ran from the parking lot into my radiation appointment today, even though i really, really didn't want to. but i knew i could do it, and i did. (my personal goal was to run from the parking lot into my radiation appointment each day, no matter how worn down i was feeling. my little way of staying strong.)
i've started putting on a sweater instead of turning up the thermostat.
i've been trying to say no to the children every once in a while.
i even take the trash out once in a while without being asked!
thanks for trying to help me be tough when i was younger. i think the lesson has finally sunk in.
i can do hard things and i'll be okay.
love you dad.

9 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

I MISS YOU!!!

The Favorite said...

You are a lot more than O.K. So proud of you friend :)

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I don't know about dad, but I'm very proud of you. Especially taking out the trash without being asked. I could use some help on that one! I'm glad your doing so well during radiation and keeping yourself positive and strong. You inspire me!

Anonymous said...

I liked reading this because Brandon often tries to get our kids to do things to make them extra tough or brave and its good to know it will be appreciated some day :) Thanks for the cute Christmas card and we hope to keep hearing good news! love, amber

kristenita said...

Radiation each day? Amy!
You are freakin amazing. Sounds like One awesome dad, too. I love your guts. You are tough & awesome & hilarious & this post is so sweet.
xoxo

Laura said...

I love this post. Good work, Dad! There's nothing like having a Daddy who expects a lot from ya. :) Amy, you are awesome! Keep it up! Love ya!

Crescent said...

I love it! You are so great! I love that you run into your radiation appts...seriously amazing.

Mark and Katie said...

i just wanted to add my I'm proud of you and think you are amazing. You are one of those people I've always looked up to and tried to be like.

Gruwells said...

No trip to the grocery store???? Dash's won't survive! JK. If anyone can make a delectable meal out of ANYTHING, it is you! I miss you fabulous friend! I wish I could be there to run into radiation with you...you are doing hard things with grace and class. love you!