hulse

hulse

Monday, December 22, 2008

grateful

i know i've said this a few thousand times before, but i am so grateful for yoga. it's been a few days of craziness for me. nothing too stressful, but my mind tends to get cluttered with a lot of pointless worrying and it just wears me out, mentally and physically and emotionally. so, after the girls went to bed tonite, i rolled out my fancy new mat and went to work. also, the breathing techniques i've learned make such a difference. i am now feeling so calm and able to breathe nice and deep. i can always tell when i've had too much craziness, because my chest feels tight and my breathing is short. so, if you are feeling this way try a breathing technique. in fact, try this one...
close your mouth

breathe in through your nose counting to 4 or 5

now breathe out through your nose counting to 4 or 5

try to do this at about the same speed, so you reach five at the top of your inhalation and then five at the bottom of the exhalation.

repeat a few times

you'll feel better.


2 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

Ames, I love you... that totally helped! I have been super stressed too, but I am really glad that Christmas is almost here and the craziness will be peaceful... love you lots, Kara

The Favorite said...

I LOVE this - and it's just what I needed right now. Can I join you in a session after all the crazyness tomorrow night? Maybe we could just stay up until midnight on New Year Eve doing yoga?