hulse

hulse

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

something's not quite right

i think it must be the snow...
nothing is bad, it's just off a little today. first off, my tennis game was a disaster this morning. wanna hear a funny story about it?
my opponent lobbed the ball high into the air and i was all set up and ready for the overhead smash of a lifetime. i had the ball in my sights, my left arm raised to focus on it, my right arm holding the racket behind my back, ready to roll...then i'm not sure what happened. let's just say, it was the air-smash (like an air-ball in basketball) of the century. there was no contact, only the swooooosh of my racket hitting the air with all my might. i heard my opponent gretchen, snort-laugh from across the court! (maybe because i had laughed at her earlier, she was getting her revenge)
ANYWAY...then i had to go to 2 Targets instead of one. then i made myself sick from my over-indulgence of pumpkin spice trail mix. then, i forgot to wash underwear, so i'm still in my smelly tennis clothes. i'd really like to take a nap and start over.
however...i have 170 cupcakes to bake.
and now that i've re-read this, i realize how pathetic it sounds. oh well.
on the upside-i have a new yoga mat!!!!! ryan ordered it for my birthday and it arrived all rolled up in a brown bag on the front doorstep, yesterday! i love it. it's sturdy and i'm excited not to find little orange foam pieces all over the floor after practicing anymore. (my last mat was orange) my yogi chantel keeps rolling her eyes and telling me i really need to get a new mat.
so, hooray for ryan and my birthday!

2 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

Hey sis- sounds like kind of a crappy day.... hope it gets better! We are getting dumped on here, like 6 inches already this morning! So, looks like I am homebound today, since I hate driving in the snow... call me if you get bored!
Love you----Kara

The Favorite said...

I'll help you bake cupcakes!!
Thanks again so much for today.