hulse

hulse

Sunday, December 7, 2008

our trees

it's official, i've crossed over to the dark side...the tree-buying gene i inherited from my mother has finally been activated. this year we have two big trees and two small trees for christmas.
my mom, anne guthrie, has been known to purchase eight trees for one christmas. it makes her feel better that three of them are just little small trees that she groups together, but all the same, there are eight trees. but they are lovely and wonderful and they make her happy.
so, i have been so tired of our christmas decor for the past 5 years, i decided i wanted a change, so we bought two big trees. one for the front room to put in front of the big window and one for the family room. i picked up a little tinsel tree for ella and a little green one for aftie.


the tree above is in our family room. ella says, "those twigs sticking out of the tree "creep" me out!".

these are the girls trees for their rooms, but they keep putting them in the front room. they decorated them all by their-little-selves.

also, they decorated the front room tree. it may be difficult to tell for sure, but yes, that is a red-haired fairy on the top. afton's pick. also, those are silk flower bunches stuck in the tree.
afton was very adamant about decorating. she wanted to be in charge of all the decorations. by the end of the night, i had come to the end of my rope and told her she could decorate the three other trees, but the family room tree was mine. all mine! i want to do my own tree!
after the girls went to bed last night, i finished my tree and then redid a few of their displays, which i found redone this morning. the nerve of those two! i heard ella yell, "mom moved our trees and we're movin' 'em back where we want 'em!" i think there might be an overload of girl power at this house.


4 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

Watch out Ames- you got the tree curse from Mom! We are going to get ours tonight, and I guess Mom is too- I just talked to her... love the trees, they look great!

CJB said...

love it! soooo cute and what a great idea for the girls to have their own trees (in the location of their choice). Sounds like you had a great time in ID. Too bad our paths didn't cross. Love ya!

The Favorite said...

4 Trees- that is some fun stuff!
I think that you are the mom and that makes you in charge- final right? Those twigs don't scare but and I can't wait to see them.
Happy Birthday today!

Heidi said...

Super fun trees! I have a tree addiction myself! We have 5 this year. :) I think by the new year the scratches on my hands from stringing the lights will be healed. Its so fun to be able to see everyone's blogs and keep in touch!